South Town Camping
Camping the Way it Should Be
We are a family of committed campers, our aim is to create the kind of site we prefer to visit. We were very excited to trial our new campsite for just one month in August 2018, this proved to be a success, and we have loved meeting all of our visitors since then. We are now looking forward to 2022 and are open from Thursday 12th May to Sunday 25th September.
There is plenty of space as we allow only 10 grass pitches on our peaceful, rural site. Beautifully basic, the camp ground is car free and off grid with eco toilets and gas shower. Enjoy our farm walk and explore miles of footpaths and bridleways across the Arlington Estate. South Town is on the edge of Exmoor National Park and North Devon's main beaches are less than a 30 minute drive away. We supply fire pits and sell logs for your camp fire, if you bring your own fire pit or BBQ please make sure the fire is raised above the ground to protect our grass.
Our ewes and lambs often graze in an adjacent field, so sorry no dogs on site.
Only 10 pitches over two fields means there is always plenty of space. Our car free site is safe for kids and relaxing for grown ups.
There are mown paths leading to flat pitches and an area to play games. The middle of the camp fields are left to grow as hay meadows and cut at the end of Summer. A range of grasses and wild flower species grow here and we are hoping to increase the diversity each year.
Spectacular views across countryside from all pitches.
Quirky wooden ablutions block with eco toilets and gas shower (warm water!)
Covered washing up area and information point
Take in the view from the car park, leave your car and transport your kit with a large wheelbarrow.
Sit back and enjoy the sunset from your tent.
Logs available to purchase on site, and we can supply a fire pit for your use during your stay for free.
Cook your campfire supper then watch the flames in the darkness.
On a clear night the campsite is a fantastic place to watch the night sky.
Comet Neowise over South Town Campsite, July 2020. Photographed by Tom Chitson.
Camping 28th April - 17th September
£20 per pitch up to 2 adults
£10 each additional adult
£4 Children 6 - 17yrs
Children under 6 free
For bookings and availability please go to button link at the top of the page.
If you'd like further information then please email us and we'll do our best to help.
During your stay please note:
- We want all our visitors to enjoy the tranquil, relaxing atmosphere of South Town Farm and ask that everyone is quiet between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. and that no piped music or radios are played on site.
- You are welcome to have a fire. Please ensure all fires are raised above the ground in a fire pit or BBQ and only logs purchased on site to be burned, this is to protect our grass as our ewes graze the camp fields in Winter.
- Our camp fields are blissfully car free.
- We have recycling facilities, please recycle as much as possible to keep waste to a minimum.
- Please note that as we often graze livestock in meadows adjacent to the camp fields we don't allow dogs on site.